Other Products & Services
this form allows you to select the number of socks you require and the option of sending them ASAP, with your next orthotic dispatch or picking them up.
Re-Order of Previous Order
Via the Online Ordering form, you have the option of selecting Re-Order of Previous Order. As we keep all orders on file, this option allows you to re-order a previous orthotic order. Please include the full correct spelling of the patient's name you wish to re-order.
If you want to make changes to a previous order, we require you to create a new script for admin purposes. If it is minor changes, for example, a top cover or shell material change, you can use the Orthotic Re-Order form.
The Orthotic Re-Order form allows you to change the postal address, order only one side or ask for minor changes in the script.
There are specific details required to be filled out for every form, and you can spot them by the *. Mandatory fields minimise any risk of mistakes and quicken the turnover time.
Please Note: We suggest using this form when re-ordering or writing in the Notes For Lab Staff that it is a re-order if you are sending it via firstname.lastname@example.org. If there is no mention of the prescription form and scans being a re-order; we will treat it as a new order and create the CAD from scratch. Therefore, the CAD could differ. We strive to ensure CAD is very similar, no matter who does it. However, it is a very manual process, so there will be slight differences, especially over the years due to updates and training.
Upload Software Prescription Form
1. log in to your portal via myorthotech.com.au
2. In the main menu, select Ordering > Online Orders > Options > Upload Software Prescription Form
3. Fill out your full name and email; you can add an additional email in CC email; this is optional; however, it is great for practice managers and receptions, allowing them to be up to date with what orders have been sent.
4. Add the patient name/s; this is optional. You can send multiple scripts and scans at once. Press Next.
5. Attach your Prescription Form/s and Scans; you can either drag and drop your files into the grey section or upload via the upload button.
Drag and Drop
Drag and drop is a quick and easy method if your Prescription Form/s and Scans are accessible via your desktop:
1. On your desktop, open the location to your Prescription Forms and Scans.
2. Located on the top right of your internet browser are your Resizing and Closing Buttons. Select the Middle button (between – and x) to resize your browser.
3. Drag your internet browser to the far right of your screen, locking it into position; this will then prompt you to choose another screen to replace the left side of your screen. Select the open folder of your Prescription Forms and Scans.
4. Locate the Prescription Forms and Scans you wish to attach to the form and select them by either dragging your pointer over them or selecting one by one via ctrl and shift. To change the location of your scans, please head to Software > Your scanner > Changing Scan Locations.
5. Drag and Drop the files selected into the grey section on the form near the upload button.
6. Wait until all files have been 100% uploaded before submitting.
Upload is a classic way to attach Prescription Form/s and Scans to your order:
1. Click on the green Upload button located under Attach your Prescription Form/s and Scans: this will open a search window.
2. Locate the Prescription Forms and Scans you wish to attach to the form and select them by either dragging your pointer over them or selecting one by one via ctrl and shift. We suggest creating a shortcut on your desktop or pinning the folder to your Quick Access bar via file explore for easy access. To change the location of your scans, please head to Software > Your scanner > Changing Scan Locations.
3. Once you have selected all your files, press open in the bottom left of the search window.
6. Notes for Admin Staff. This has been placed here for specific clients to use; if you have not had a conversation with a staff member about this section, we suggest not using this section. Adding information like script changes or date requests will not be added to your prescription form.
7. In the Upload Software Prescription Form, you have the option of selecting Sending Casts. This option informs us that you will be attaching just the prescription form while the Plaster Cast or Foam Box will be posted in the mail or dropped off to the lab. Once selected, our address will pop up, and a Post Tracking Number option will appear. We suggest purchasing tracking numbers for Plaster Casts and Foam Boxes to ensure they arrive safely. Please note: We cannot start manufacture on your order until the plaster cast or foam box arrives. You will receive an email once we have received and scanned in your plaster cast or foam box, making you aware of when manufacture has started.
8. Press Submit. You will receive an email within 5 minutes confirming your order with your uploads attached.
There are specific details required to be filled out for every form, and you can spot them by the *. Mandatory fields minimise any risk of mistakes and quickens the turnover time.
Re-covers and Adjustments
Plate/Insole are ground to the general shape of the shoe insole and is used to immobilise an area of the foot without immobilising the ankle.
At Orthotech, we hand-make all plates/insole in the lab. These are used to treat osteoarthritis, metatarsalgia, long term navicular fractures, hallux rigidus and hallux limitus.
You have a choice of all of our shell materials (except 3D print).
We have three options for sizing; Shoe Size, measurements or attaching an image. Please note that we do not accept scans for plates/insoles.
Shoe Size (US): Type in the US shoe size, and we will use our templates for the size. Please note that there is no universal sizing for shoe sizes. Use measurements or attach an image if you require it to be exact.
Measurements: View the image supplied and fill out the measurements.
Heel Width (Blue Line), Forefoot Width (Red Line) and Length (Yellow).
Attached Image: Send us a scanned, photographed or faxed image with measurements. Please note that scanned, photographed or faxed images provided on paper will rarely be to scale and lab discretion will be required unless measurements are included in the image.